Advertisement
Advertisement

Aurangabad: Over 30 Injured In Massive Fire During Chhath Puja

Avatar photo
By: Santosh Singh
Updated: October 29, 2022 9:46
Advertisement

Chhath festival celebrities turned into a disaster for a family in Bihar’s Aurangabad. A fire broke out, most likely due to bursting of cylinder when all members of the victim family were busy in making the prasad. The incident happened in the wee hours at 2:30 am. Following the fire, there was commotion  that resulted in a stampede-like situation.

The police and fire brigade team of the city police station were informed by the local people. As soon as the information was received, the police and fire brigade team reached the spot and started extinguishing the fire. But the flame of the fire gradually increased and suddenly there was a gas blast in the house. In which more than 30 people were scorched and seriously injured.

After the incident, all the injured were rushed to Aurangabad Sadar Hospital for treatment. Officials from the rescue team were also injured. Female constable Preeti Kumari, DAP Akhilesh Kumar, Jaglal Prasad, Saif Jawan Mukund Rao, Jaglal Prasad, driver Mozzam and Shahganj locality city council president candidate Anil Odia, Gaya Jewelers’ Pankaj Verma, Rajiv Kumar, Mohd Shabdir.

More than 30 people including Mohammadd Aslam, Sudarshan, Arian Goswami, Mohd Chhotu Alam, Anil Kumar, Shahnawaz were injured. Out of which around 25 people are said to be in critical condition. Many people have also been admitted to private nursing homes and are undergoing treatment.

The owner of the house, where the accident took place, Anil Goswami told the media that preparations for Chhath festivities was taking place in the house. All the families were busy making prasad. The fire was triggered by a gas leak. By the time the fire brigade arrived the house was already engulfed in fire, allegedly due to exploding of the cylinder.

Police station ASI Vinay Kumar Singh told said the information about the fire was received from the residents of the locality. On information, the teams reached with force and started extinguishing the fire. But then suddenly there was a loud explosion in which people were burnt. However, the cause of the incident has not been confirmed by the administration yet. But the house owner Anil Goswami says that the fire started due to a cylinder explosion. At present the police is investigating the matter.

 

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read Story

Butter me up: Milky Anand looks at hand, licks at saffron

Gujarat polls: Bhavnagar high on Modi quotient but AAP seeping in

Cyber attack on AIIMs not to be seen as an isolated case: Expert

Delhi: Woman arrested for chopping husband’s body in parts; took son’s help in murder

Advertisement