Even with different Covid variants looming over and causing a frenzy among the general public, 2021 was a year with major political developments. From farmers all across the country protesting against the three draconian farm laws to the BJP government triumphing with four new chief ministers in four states to Aam Aadmi Party winning its debut municipal election in Chandigarh. We bring you a recap of all major political developments that happened in 2021.
- Farmers protest against new draconian farm laws proposed by the government
- Lakhimpur Kheri erupts after MOS Ajay Mishra Teni’s car allegedly driven by his son mowed down farmers
- Assembly polls in West Bengal & four other states – 6 Chief Ministers in 6 Months
- Cabinet reshuffling, new positions designated, and 12 MP’s resigned
- Karnataka political crisis- BS Yeddyurappa resigns
- Pegasus snooping row: Phone tapping and surveillance allegations on central govt
- BJP changes chief ministers in four states: Gujarat, Karnataka, Uttarakhand, Assam
- The Gujarat Assembly amends the Freedom of Religion Act, 2003
- The Finance minister of India announced National Monetisation Pipeline to sell assets worth Rs. 6 trillion
- The government of India created a new ministry named the Ministry of Co-operation to strengthen the Cooperative movement in India.
- Dattatreya Hosabale is elected as the General Secretary of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh
- A meeting of opposition leaders under the banner of Rashtra Manch met in the residence of Sharad Pawar
- Twitter locked the official page of the Indian National Congress and its five major leaders
- Aam Aadmi Party won most seats in its debut at the 2021 Chandigarh Municipal Corporation election.
Do visit www.newindian.in for exclusive video stories from hinterlands of India.