News

‘Will Drop A Bomb After Diwali’: Devendra Fadnavis Threatens To Expose Nawab Malik’s Underworld Links

| Updated : November 1, 2021, 8:53 pm
Updated : November 1, 2021, 8:53 pm

News title here
Former Maharashtra CM and BJP leader Devendra Fadnavis. (Picture credit: Twitter account)

MUMBAI: Amid allegations levelled by Maharashtra minister and senior Nationalist Congress leader, Nawab Malik, on the controversial Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) Mumbai Zonal Director Sameer Wankhede, former Chief Minister and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Devendra Fadnavis on Monday said that he will expose Malik’s links with the underworld post Diwali. ALSO READ: Akhilesh Yadav’s Outfit Be Called Namazwadi Party: Maurya, Yogi Lament After SP Chief Equates Jinnah With Patel

Addressing a press conference in Mumbai, Fadnavis said, “Those who have relations with the underworld should not speak about me. I will soon present evidence of Malik’s relations with the underworld to NCP chief, Sharad Pawar. I am just waiting for Diwali to pass.”

Fadnavis was responding to allegations made by Malik that he appeared in a music video financed by a drug peddler currently lodged in jail.

Hitting out at the NCP leader, he said: “He has lit a tiny firecracker before Diwali, but I will light a bigger one after the festival. He (Malik) is trying to pressurise the NCB, which is probing his son-in-law in a drugs case, in an attempt to weaken the chargesheet against him.”


Discussing the video in question, which has his wife Amruta Fadnavis as the singer, Fadnavis said: “The creative team of River March, an organisation working for the conservation of rivers in Mumbai, had hired her as a singer four years ago. The pictures were clicked during the shooting of the theme song. There are other pictures as well with the team that include mine. But, Malik consciously shared the photograph of my wife. This reflects his intent and mentality.”

Fadnavis also stated that his wife and he were associated with the cause of river rejuvenation.

He also emphasised that the team which produced the video had already clarified yesterday that Jaydeep Rana, the person listed as the “Finance Head” of the video in question, was hired by its creative team.

“Neither my wife nor I have any relations with that person. He is making allegations against the BJP based on just one picture. His son-in-law was caught with drugs, but does that make the NCP a party of drug suppliers?” he questioned.

Malik had earlier tweeted a picture of Jaydeep Ranade with Fadnavis’s wife.  Responding to Fadnavis, the NCP minister today said he was “ready for it”.

Malik recently made several sensational claims against the BJP, and cast aspersions on Wankhede based on his religion. Wankhede is investigating drug charges against Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan’s son, Aryan Khan, and others.

Wankhede had arrested Aryan Khan along with seven others on October 3 after raiding a Goa-bound luxury cruise ship. Aryan Khan was granted bail on Thursday by Bombay High Court.

Malik had alleged that Wankhede was born a Muslim but forged documents, including a caste certificate, to pass off as a Scheduled Caste (SC) person to get recruitment under quota after clearing the UPSC exams.

Separately, the NCB has ordered a vigilance inquiry against Wankhede.


Do visit www.newindian.in for exclusive video stories from hinterlands of India.