Trouble Mounts For Niira Radia As Delhi Police’s EOW Arrests 2 Directors Of Her Firm In Fraud Case

Avatar photo
By: Anand Singh
Updated: October 19, 2021 22:41
FILE PHOTO: Niira Radia/Linkedin Account

NEW DELHI: In more trouble for Niira Radia, the Delhi Police’s Economic Offence Wing (EOW) on Tuesday said that it has arrested two directors of her company Nayati Healthcare and Research NCR Pvt Ltd, along with another person from another company in connection with a fraud case.

Additional Commissioner of the EOW, RK Singh said that it has arrested Yateesh Wahaal, Satish Kumar Narula both Directors of Nayati Healthcare and Research NCR Pvt Ltd and Rahul Singh Yadav, HR, Proprietor of Ahluwalia Construction, a dummy firm.

Singh said that police registered a case on the complaint of Dr Rajeev Kumar Sharma against Naarayani Investment Pvt Ltd., holding company of Nayati Healthcare & Research NCR Pvt Ltd. and its Promotors or Directors namely — Radia, her sister Karuna Menon, Yateesh Wahaal, Satish Kumar Narula and others.


In the complaint, Dr Sharma stated that he has been the Vice-Chairman and Executive Director and 6.3 per cent shareholder of Nayati Healthcare & Research NCR Private Ltd.(NHNCR) having its registered office in Delhi.

He further said that the company, which was earlier known as OSL Healthcare Pvt Ltd. was incorporated with a view to build and run a hospital in Gurugram and the complainant was having 49 per cent shares whereas remaining 51 per cent shares were held by other two Directors of the company — Chandan Mishra and Charchit Mishra.

He stated, “Also, a MOU was signed between VIMHANS and OSLHPL for operating and managing VIMHANS IPD, OPD, Emergency and Diagnostic Services and VIMHANS will provide its state of the art medical super speciality services for psychiatry and allied services to OSLHPL.”


He said that he was also promised a remuneration of Rs 30 lakh per month as his professional fees for his services.

In the complaint it was further stated that during the construction of Gurgaon Hospital, OSL Healthcare Pvt Ltd faced certain financial problem and majority shareholders or directors sold their shares (51 per cent) to Naarayani Investment Pvt Ltd., the holding company of Nayati Healthcare & Research NCR Pvt Ltd at the consideration of Rs 991 crore.

“Once the alleged persons or company entered into the shoes of majority shareholder, they took all the major decisions,” it said.

It is alleged that the company took a loan of Rs 312 crore from YES Bank for development of Gurgaon Hospital, but the money was not used for the said purpose and misappropriated by the alleged company or persons.

It has also been alleged that they had not paid Dr Sharma his professional fees worth Rs 15.28 crore and brought down his shareholding deceitfully from 49 per cent to 6.3 per cent.

The officer said that after preliminary inquiry, a case was registered on November 4 last year.

“During investigation, it was found that Naarayani Investment Pvt Ltd is the holding company of Nayati Healthcare & Research NCR Pvt Ltd having 93 per cent of shareholding and Radia is the main Promoter of the said company. After receiving a loan amount of Rs 312 crore from YES Bank by Nayati Healthcare & Research NCR Pvt Ltd, a sum of Rs 208 crore was transferred to a bank account in the name of Ahluwalia Construction,” Singh said.

He said that after verifying the details of the said account, it was found that the said account was opened by one Rahul Singh Yadav only with a view to divert or siphon off the loan amount as it was a dummy account.

“During investigation, it was found that the said transfer of Rs 208 crore was authorised by Wahaal and SK Narula, being Director or authorized signatory of the loan account of the alleged company,” the officer said.

Singh said that EOW teams conducted raids at various places in Delhi/NCR simultaneously and apprehended all three accused persons.

“After questioning, all were arrested on October 14 this year and they have been taken on police remand.

Singh said that other Directors and promoters are being examined to ascertain their role and involvement in the whole incident.

While it has been further found that money transferred to the account of Ahluwalia Construction was further transferred to several other beneficiaries, which are being verified during investigation, he added.


Also Read Story

I love you too: Kejriwal tells crowd at AAP HQ after MCD poll win

MCD poll results: Why AAP has more reasons to worry about than BJP

MCD polls: AAP’s Bobi Rajpal from Sultanpuri becomes Delhi’s first transgender Councillor

‘Fishing’ in troubled waters: Actor-politician Paresh Rawal summoned by Kolkata Police