BENGALURU: Cannes is as much famous for the movies which are screened during the festival, as it is for the looks and costumes of various celebrities at the Red Carpet event.
Over the years, many Bollywood celebrities have created a flutter with lavish and supremely modish outfits or tad outlandish dresses.
Here we look at the top 5 looks of Bollywood divas which became the talk of the town:
1) Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: The gorgeous actress has attended many editions of the Cannes ever since her debut in 2002 for the premiere of her movie ‘Devdas’. At that time, she wore a mustard yellow saree designed by Neeta Lulla. Accompanying her was the director of ‘Devdas’ Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
She once again grabbed the attention of shutterbugs in 2018 when she looked stunning and utterly glamorous in a butterfly gown created by the Dubai-based designer Michael Cinco.
2) Deepika Padukone: A part of the eight-member jury this time, Deepika sashayed on the Red carpet of the Cannes for the first time in 2010 when she wore a traditional ivory and gold saree by designer Rohit Bal and exuded elegance.
However, in 2018, she stunned one and all with the quirky Fuschia costume designed by Ashi Studio. The pink-coloured gown had tiers of ruffles and exaggerated sleeves. She later claimed that it was the most extravagant outfit she has ever worn.
3) Sonam Kapoor: The veritable fashionista has mesmerised the photographers and people many a time with her sartorial style and pizzazz at the Cannes. However, it was her poised look in 2014 which garnered maximum applause.
The ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ actress pulled off a light pink saree, with matching accessories, with panache. The saree, with minimal pleats and gorgeous embroidery, was designed by Anamika Khanna.
4) Priyanka Chopra: Priyanka made her debut at the Red Carpet at Cannes in 2019 in a black sequined gown. Her costume also featured a drain and a high-thigh slit. The strapless gown was designed by Roberto Cavalli and Priyanka truly looked like a star.
Accompanied by her husband Nick Jonas, Priyanka also donned a crackerjack Georges Hobeika gown and fetched roaring adulation.
5) Katrina Kaif: The ravishing Katrina Kaif sizzled in the red evening gown as she walked the Red Carpet at Cannes for the first time in 2015. Designed by Elie Saab, the gown and the colour beautifully complemented Kaif’s graceful disposition.
Kaif made it a point to colour her hair with a red shade and also applied a red lip colour to accentuate her overall look. In the same costume, she also attended the premiere of the Hollywood film, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’.